Thursday, January 31, 2008

Personalize Your Nutrition

by Dr. James P. Urban

Caution!!! This Article contains information that could quite possibly change your life...that is, if you are willing to be open to what I am about to share with you. Just imagine for yourself, a nutritional program (measurement of food ingredients) that removes all of the guess work. Finally, a scientifically proven way to create endless energy, lose weight, avoid any unnecessary illnesses and just simply feel good!

Let me explain! Over the last year or so, I was fortunate enough to have been introduced to a colleague and now good friend of mine - Dr. Greg Tefft. Dr. Tefft is the founder of, "Personalized Nutritional Consultants" and is one of the world's leading experts in personalized nutrition. Dr. Tefft helped to develop a system of nutritional testing based on over 60 years of orthomolecular medical research with the help of a data base of over 7 million clinical testings. The specific food ingredient testing measures each individuals exact biochemical makeup and reveals precisely what excesses, deficiencies and toxicities are present in your body, right now. With this information, a program, based on years of research, has been developed to correct these imbalances and bring you back to your best state of health so that you can feel your best.

Sounds great huh!!! Believe me when I say, I have yet to find a nutritional system that supports the body like the one Dr. Tefft utilizes for his clients...many times more specific than the typical one-size-fits-all type of diet or supplement program commonly used by a majority of our population!

Are you intrigued yet?

I have always considered problematic diet, supplements and lifestyle to be one of the main underlying issues that brings ill-health to a majority of our population. Unfortunately, our current system of health does not recognize this as a priority. Sadly, the motivation, I feel, is more monetarily related. Certainly, more money can be made from a sick society rather than a healthy one.

Let me share with you the experience that I've had by personalizing my nutrition program.

At the time I had met Dr. Tefft, I had been eating a strict raw food diet for a little over a year. My diet was truly raw...raw milk, raw eggs, raw honey, raw juiced vegetables and yes, even raw meats (organically grown and free range, of course). Not to take anything away from this diet. There are certainly many benefits to eating raw foods. One of course is the benefit of live enzymes. I for one encourage a diet rich in live, organic raw foods. I don't debate this! Certainly, more people could benefit from a diet high in raw foods. The problem, I found was, which foods, raw or cooked, did my body truly require - or not!

Now hang on! There is more to this.

Dr. Tefft and I wanted to see the kinds of results I was having with my raw food diet...put the science to the test!!! Now mind you, I have tried many different diets (diet, by the way, is what you eat, without knowing much about what’s in what you eat) besides a raw food diet. I would say that during the past 20 years, I have tried - vegetarian, vegan, macrobiotic, low carb, high carb, high fat, low fat...you name it! I'll try just about anything if it brings me consistently noticeable results in how I feel...very few diets have done this for me.

Ok, let's get back to the test. The test kit that was sent to me by Dr. Tefft required a sample of hair from the back of my scalp...not an easy thing for someone who chooses to go bald. Around the time of testing, I just plan on taking about 3 weeks to grow a sufficient amount of hair for the lab to test. For those of you concerned about your thinning hair, the lab really does not require a huge amount of hair to be cut away from the scalp. Just enough to tip a small paper scale that is sent to you with the hair analysis kit!

Ok, back to the test!

About 2 weeks after I sent my hair in to be analyzed by the lab, I received my results. The report contained about 15 pages sent in an email...more information than I imagined! Fortunately for me, I was scheduled to have a 1 hour call with Dr. Tefft to review and interpret the results of my lab test - By the way, anyone who signs up for a hair analysis with Dr. Tefft can expect to have their results reviewed and interpreted by him...much the same as I did. This is only a bonus for now for those that sign up with him. I've been told, due to the huge demands on his time now, this won't be lasting much longer and the phone consultations will be in groups. Soon, private consultations will necessarily be fee based arrangement. For those of you who would like to know, instead of guess about how to feel good, please contact me to find out how to sign up for a test and phone consultation with Dr. Tefft.

Let me say this about, "why a hair analysis?" Hair analysis is the most comprehensive method for measuring mineral imbalances that are the basis for over 223 degenerative diseases that modern society suffers from. It pin-points and identifies an individual's specific state of health. Because hair grows slowly, it doesn't create inconsistent fluctuations in the testing data. Meaning, what you might eat during the day will not affect the overall test results compared to that of blood. Hair provides you with long term information about the body...typically a 6-8 week period of crucial information. Also, through hair analysis, the emphasis is focused on treating the patient's cause of illness rather than focusing on a symptom...this is where it becomes literally "life-altering".

Ok, about my results!

The information that I received from the results of my test have given me great insight into what types of foods work well for me, and which one’s don't! Before starting my raw food diet, I was considered a "fast metabolizer". After being on a raw food diet for nearly over a year, I became a "slow metabolizer". This may seem insignificant to most people but this clearly explained some of the symptoms I was experiencing while on this diet - i.e. fatigue. Raw foods are excellent but the question remains - which raw foods are best for you? There were other things that Dr. Tefft and I discussed...much more detailed. The point is, I continue to receive more vital information with subsequent re-testing and the lab tells me exactly how to stay on track. Just so you should know, I am back to being a fast metabolizer with way more energy than I had previously. Also, the supplements that are recommended from the lab after each testing help me to properly utilize the foods that I am currently taking in. It’s just that easy.

I find that just eating 3 square meals a day, following the recommended food groups and taking a multiple vitamin is just guesswork. Keep in mind, most of the foods that are eaten by the general population are processed and refined and saturated with significant amounts of harmful chemicals. It's obvious that a more exact science is needed to help us individualize a program that is right for each of us. Let's face it, we no longer all come from the same tribe or location. Our individual biochemical make-ups are not all the same.

Do yourself a favor! Stop guessing and have a hair analysis test done. Have it reveal your innermost uniqueness. Learn which food ingredients and supplements are right and wrong for your body. Then determine what can be done about it. This takes away the guess work and leaves you with the science of feeling good. I know that you will be just as happy as I am to benefit from this amazing technology.

Here's how you can get started:

Contact me at jurban (at) NaturalHealingTools.com. I'll help you get signed up.

http://www.naturalhealingtools.com/

No comments: