Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Day 1: Follow My Weight Loss Program - And So It Begins

Ok so over the past few years, give or take a few, I have packed on some extra pounds. Ok how about 50 extra pounds. With a lack of exercise of good eating habits, it really doesn't come as a surprise.

However with a 7 month old son now, I feel I owe it to him to get in great shape. Otherwise I might not be able to catch him once he starts walking.

I actually started yesterday, but thought it would be a good idea to share my progress with the Internet crowd with this blog. Let me first say, I am not a personal trainer, salesman of any health related products or anything like that. Just an average person who is trying to lose 50 pounds and is willing to share it with you.

My goal is to lose 50 pounds by December 31st, 2008. That gives me roughly 54 weeks to make it happen. In turn using this information I need to lose 0.93 pounds each and every week. Sounds like a reasonable goal and very achievable. The hard part is, can I stay on it? Can I stay on a daily regiment of eating right and exercising for that long?

The way I look at it, I really don't have a choice. I have to. For the sake of my son and family and my own health, it needs to be done.

Over the past few weeks I have been reading a number of health magazines and books, to get up to date on eating right and proper exercising.

I will post my progress everyday on here for the previous days activities.

Also as I come across something interesting that I feel I should share, such as a healthy recipe or good exercise, I will write about it here and let you know of the source as to where I obtained the information. I will not post something that I don't try first. It is just not fair to anyone who reads this. How can I endorse something if I don't even try it?

I am still new to the "blogging thing", so I will try and post pictures whenever possible to show everyone my progress. Along with posting pictures I will post a daily account of what I ate for each meal. Feel free to comment, good or bad (I can take criticism) on anything that you read. However don't post anything in the comments if you are trying to sell something. I will delete it. This is not a commercial blog for your financial gain. It is a blog to share with others a real life experience of losing weight.

Regards,
Mike P.

Day 1 - Weight: 275 pounds

NUTRTION
Meal 1: 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg
Meal 2: 1 packet of tuna
Meal 3: Spinach and lettuce mix with cut up baked chicken tenderloin and a small Gordon's salmon patty.
Meal 4: A small Gordon's Salmon patty
Meal 5: 2 1/2 whole eggs

EXERCISE
Walked the dog in the early morning for about a half hour. Wasn't a steady even paced walk as the dog needs to, you know, stop and do his thing.

NOTES
First day was tough in the sense of eating every 2 to 3 hours. I haven't done that in years, but it was a lot tougher late at night, while I am sitting there watching the football game. I was used to eating chips and other bad foods. It is a bad habbit I am sure will really challenge my will power.


No comments: