Friday, December 21, 2007

Day 4: Follow My Weight Loss Program - Holiday Season Fast Approaching

Ok, so there is four days left until Christmas, however less than 24 hours left until all of the family gathering, foods and fun start. Our family will be getting together starting on Saturday and going all the way through next week. This means I have to get myself disciplined, and do so in a hurry.

I can not begin to tell you, if you do not experience it yourself, just how much and how many different foods there will be sitting in front of me over the next several days. You name it. Hams, turkeys, potatoes, stuffing, yams, I better stop, it is early morning and I haven't had breakfast just yet and all this talk about food...well you know.

Come to think of it I haven't even thought about the cakes, cookies, pies...yikes, I think I just did. So as you can see, the pressure will be intense over the course of this holiday season, but that's ok. I didn't expect losing 50 pounds to be easy. In fact I was and am expecting it to be hard. I call it punishment for packing it on in the first place.

With that said I see no reason why, even though it will be hard, that it can't be fun. Therefore over the next few days I am going to see if I can get a hold of different recipes for healthy food. If you have any good websites or ideas, please submit a comment, I would appreciate it. I enjoy cooking. Cooking is a great way to be creative with something, or feel a sense of completion when you make someone Else's recipe and it comes out great.

Also when it comes to the exercise portion of the program, I want to make that as fun as well. Besides the normal lifting weights, running/walking etc., maybe I will get myself involved some local sports club or something along those lines.

Although losing 50 pounds will not be easy, it should not be boring either.

Regards,
Mike P.

DAY 3

NUTRITION
Meal 1: 3 egg whites, 1 whole egg, oatmeal
Meal 2: 2 plain rice cakes with natural peanut butter
Meal 3: 2 salmon patties, white rice, spinach salad
Meal 4: Mixed green salad with tuna and one banana
Meal 5: Chicken pot pie from Marie Calendar

EXERCISE
Exercise consisted of walking the dog in the morning for about 15 minutes and then again in the evening for about 40 minutes. I did not get a chance to start my weight routine. With waking up late and then working late last night, I just didn't get the chance. No excuses I know, but sometimes it will happen.

NOTES
I know meal five wasn't the healthiest of choices, however I forgot to thaw the chicken, and I worked late so I was hungry and needed something quick. As you can see the diet is pretty much the same. I have received some emails from people giving me suggestions on items they have tried, so I might give it a whirl. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

Oh yeah, and don't forget to share my blog with others. You will see on the top right side of this page, some links to websites that promote blogs to web surfers. If you think this blog could be of help to others, then I encourage you to click the buttons.

No comments: