Thursday, December 27, 2007

Day 9: Follow My Weight Loss Program - I Survived

Ok maybe surviving is a harsh word to use, however that is exactly what I call making it through the long Christmas weekend and weighing in and exceeding my goal.

If you remember from Day one's article, you already know that my goal is to lose 0.93 pounds each week to hit the goal of losing fifty pounds by December 31st, 2008.

If you read the article you also remember that my starting weight was 275 pounds. Meaning that my goal by Day 8 would be 274.07 pounds.

Day 8 was Christmas, so I didn't get a chance to weigh myself that day. No I wasn't avoiding it, but as many of you know there was a lot of running around and it really did just slip my mind. However I weighed myself yesterday on Day 9 and you will be happy to know that my weight came in at 273 pounds.

A lot of different books that I read said, the first week would probably show your greatest weight loss. I do not consider 2 pounds extensive but it is a start and it does exceed the goal that I set for myself. From what I have read, I can see where on some weeks I will lose a pound to 3 pounds and other weeks the scale may not move. The one thing that is common though is to not give up. To keep going and keep working hard towards the end result, and that is what I plan on doing.

My holiday weekend basically began last Saturday on 12/22 when we invited some friends over, and didn't end until yesterday when we visited with my brother's family to exchange gifts. Needless to say, I had all the temptations that everyone else has. Cookies, cakes, pies, you name it, it was there. I would be lieing if I told you I did not touch any of the bad stuff. I did, and it was good. But what I did do is limit myself to a couple of items here and there. I felt it allowed my body the craving it was looking for, and at the same time I did not "glutton" myself on the "bad" foods.

Also at the dinner tables, I made sure I followed strict portion control. A lot of different sources I read said a portion size should be the same size as your clenched fist. I followed that rule of thumb, and it was plenty to eat.

All in all I would have to say that the diet was nowhere near 100% flawless. In fact I would put it around the 75% range. But I would also say that isn't too bad giving the circumstances of the entire holiday season. And it is for that reason which I say I survived. This morning I woke up and continued with the healthy eating, right where I left off, prior to the holiday stretch.

With one holiday to go, which is really the easiest one to get by, I should be ok, and I feel I have jump started my plan into 2008.

Regards,
Mike P.

NOTE:
I will begin reposting the nutrition meals and exercise routines again on Day 10.

No comments: